[TxMt] scoping issue in html/php ??

Jeremy Amos jeremy at igneramos.com
Fri Oct 20 15:20:51 UTC 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 11:04 AM, David Clark wrote:

> Suppose I am in the html grammar with a php block, like:
> <?php
>    echo 'my insertion point is here';
> ?>
>
> my expectation is to have ctrl-return produce <br /> rather than the
> \n given that I am within the '".
>
> am I wrong  on this ?

It's a mistaken expectation, since there's really no way of knowing
whether the context for the quoted string is HTML, SQL, etc. (and
there are valid reasons for having php return a newline even in the
context of HTML).

You could edit the scope selector on the br snippet in the HTML
bundle to include  string.quoted.single.php (and I'd include
string.quoted.double.php to be safe).