[TxMt] AUtomatic line break with textmate ?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Oct 17 02:19:02 UTC 2006

On 16. Oct 2006, at 19:02, Erwan David wrote:

> Thanks, but it then does a very ugly indentation (no space between
> ">" and text, that is not readable), and doc says "To  actually
>             make  use of this format's features, you'll need
> support in your
>             editor.
> "
>
> What support is it ?

Good quesiton… maybe mutt does not perform the preflight “encoding”
and expects the script which calls the external editor to do it (I
wouldn’t say this was a job for the editor itself).

Judging from your letter, mutt indeed failed to properly encode the
message in the f=f style (but did add the header) -- so it would
indeed seem that mutt relies on someone else to encode the message.

It is trivial to write a script for this though, if I wasn’t badly
needing a break from having replied to emails for more than two hours
now, I would write one for you ;)