[TxMt] crtl-esc not activating - my solution

Caius Durling nemo8686 at mac.com
Mon Oct 16 06:25:59 UTC 2006

> The short story is that running ARD (Apple Remote Desktop) Client
> is the culprit that is stealing the key sequence.
>
> I don't know why ARD steals the key sequence, but turning it off
> (System Preference - under Sharing) eliminates this problem for me.

I open System Preferences, untick ARD sharing in the sharing
prefpane, quit System Preferences, Relaunch TextMate, and it still
doesn't work when I hit ⌃⎋.

Have you rebooted/logged out after turning it off or anything?

> I'd like to run the ARD client, so if anyone knows how to have the
> ARD client run without it stealing the crtl-esc key sequence, I'd
> like to hear about it.

Possibly submit this as a bug to apple: http://developer.apple.com/
bugreporter/

Caius