[TxMt] Project file persistently reincludes folders

Fritz Anderson fritza at manoverboard.org
Thu Oct 12 18:18:06 UTC 2006

Version 1.5.3 (1215).

I have an Xcode project directory, which a TextMate project file
encompasses. The directory contains a "build" subdirectory. It would
be very undesirable to include that directory (and a couple of others,
such as .xclassmodels, also some binaries like a Stuffit archive) in
the TextMate project, as project-wide searches take much, much longer
when (I assume) the search interrogates all the files in the build tree.

So I select the build folder in the project list and press backspace.
TextMate asks if I want a remove-from-project or a delete-file.
Remove, please.

Shortly thereafter (it may be related to deactivating and reselecting
TextMate), the build folder appears in the list again. Grz.

I have double-checked that I am dealing with a TextMate project file,
and not a directory window.

Some of the re-added files and folders have been modified while
TextMate is running; most have not.

I had used a directory window before switching to a project.

I originally populated the project by dragging the Xcode project
directory into the file list.

What am I missing? Or what is TextMate missing? It may be my problem,
as searching for "project file reincludes folders" turns up nothing in
a list-archive search.

	— F