[TxMt] Columnar selection shortcut inconvenience

Thu Oct 12 11:14:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 21:29:59 +0100, Allan Odgaard
<throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

>> [...] Is there a reason why TM has selection implemented like this?
>
> If you drag text and hold option, it will instead copy (rather than
> move), here you need to hold down option to keep it at that state --
> TextMate follows that behavior.
>
> I view column selection as similar “state modifier.”

Is there any chance it to be modified to match other editors rather than
finder? I really really can't get used to it - when selecting text I have
habit of releasing key and mouse at the same time, so outcome of columnar
selection is random for me.

I'm not asking to change defaults - I'd be happy if I could just change
hidden plist setting or any other hack.

--
regards, porneL