[TxMt] Using a command and waiting for stdout

logista logista at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 00:09:58 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at hanover.edu> wrote:
> set the command to "Save Current File".

I have from the beginning. Sorry I didn't say so in my first message.

> Other than that, this should work. Perhaps you could
> try it on increasingly bigger files? For instance does it work for
> 400 characters? 1000? 2000?

With my test file, I can get a good response with 464 lines/4,705
words/26 kb, but if I have one more newline, it fails. I can add more
words to the end of line 464 and it will work, though. The test file
is about 690 lines.

When I tried a different file (about 6210 lines), the break point
changed to line 2981 (27,000+ words/154kb). Again, one more newline
causes the problem, but I can add a lot more text (I added the Lorem
Ipsum snippet).

---time passes---

OK. I looked at the structure of the lines. The command fails when the
ae ligature (æ) appears in the  middle of a word. It doesn't fail when
it appears at the beginning or the end of a word. A brief test shows
that some accented characters also fail (á fails but not é, sometimes
ö fails and sometimes it doesn't). I'll have to do some more testing.

Thanks for your response -- seems like I have some more work to do :)

Barbara