[TxMt] 'Documentation for word' command in ruby broken?

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Tue Oct 10 16:12:02 UTC 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2006, at 14:21, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
>> On Oct 10, 2006, at 5:45 AM, Dave Baldwin wrote:
>>
>>> When I try and use the 'Documentation for word' command (control
>>> h) I now get the error message:
>>>
>>> .../lib/web_preview.rb:6 in 'html_header' : undefined method
>>> url_encode for ERB::Util:Module (No Method Error) from tmp/
>>> temp_textmate_Qp8b1:19
>>
>> This is a sign of a broken Ruby, but you are not the first person
>> to complain of this.  I've just checked in an attempt to
>> workaround this issue, can you try a bundle checkout and let me
>> know if this helps:
>>
>> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles#getting_more_bundles
>>

> Not sure what I should be checking out.

Change of tactics.  Let's do the test without a checkout.  If you
feed these lines to Terminal do you see this output?

$ /usr/bin/ruby -r erb -e 'p url_encode("a test")'
-e:1: undefined method `url_encode' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
$ /usr/bin/ruby -r cgi -e 'p CGI.escape("a test")'
"a+test"

James Edward Gray II