[TxMt] Blogging Bundle error

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Oct 9 16:15:48 UTC 2006

On 8. Oct 2006, at 23:34, Helge Hartmann wrote:

> When the server is down, the command will still generate an error.
> I thought, whether it would be a better behavior to catch the
> exception and then let the command act like the old snippet.

I don’t know what the error looks like, but it seems to me that a
command which fetches something from your blog, should present you
with an error, if it could not connect to that blog, rather than
gracefully degrade. I.e. if it cannot connect to the blog, something
is wrong, and the user should be told.

> Also I found the performance of the categories fetch quite long. I
> think mostly there is a manageable amount of categories and the
> user simply want to type it in. So what do you think to have the
> old snippet and a fetch categories in addition?

The performance would likely be proportional to the speed of your
network connection. Since creating a “Category:” snippet is trivial,
I think we should leave that to users who for some reason finds
fetching their categories too slow and/or do not have enough
categories to need to fetch the list.