[TxMt] more language grammar woe

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:43:21 UTC 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 11:27 AM, sam aaron wrote:
> just pressed the 'test' button, and it's now working :-) Sorry to have
> made such a simple mistake!

It's not that simple, I've happened to have made the same mistake
myself many times.

> I wonder whether the test button should be called 'activate' or other?
> I also wonder whether TextMate can detect if you've been playing with
> the bundle file, and inform you that the version you're looking at
> isn't currently activated, until you activate it.

Yes I'd like to second that request for some better indicator of the
state of the system at that point. I don't know what Allan has
planned for 2.0, but it would definitely be nice to have an indicator
that the Test button hasn't been pressed, even though the language
has changed, and hence what you see as a language grammar is not what
TM is using. For all other bundle items, the moment the bundle editor
closes their changes are registered, but not so for languages, and
there is no visual indicator that something is amiss.

> Thanks for the help though! I guess I should just get on with my
> thesis though... it's that that really needs to be worked on! ;-)

Heh, that brings back memories ;) I spent a considerable amount of my
time while working on my thesis, tinkering with the LaTeX bundle
instead. TM is just too addictive in that respect (in a good way of
course). ;)

Good luck.

> Sam

Haris