[TxMt] Feature request: .NFO file (ASCII-art)

Pawel Szymczykowski makenai at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 21:09:06 UTC 2006

On 10/7/06, Max Noel <maxfnoel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, my understanding was that ASCII art works with any monospace
> font... Or are you talking about ANSI art, which is a wholly
> different beast (and which the screenshot in the first post of the
> thread you link to is)?

He's talking about ASCII art (the pictures there are all monochrome,
except somone has set a background/forgeground color in one of them).
I guess the issue is that most ascii art makes use of those black
characters in codepage 437 (DOS ASCII) [1] and has to have a special
font to display it correctly. It looks like he needs a bundle to be
associated with a specific font / theme setting. I guess it might be
handy for people doing APL programming or something too. If they still
exist.

-Pawel

[1] http://www.borgendale.com/codepage/cp437.gif - see B0 throughDF