[TxMt] Re: Latex: How to use new "`"' ?

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Fri Oct 6 17:14:55 UTC 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Andrew Jaffe wrote:

> Would it be possible for someone to post a version of that for us
> newbies? (For what it's worth -- it *is* the default in emacs' tex
> modes...)

(Haris's post came in while I was writing this -- I read the question
as being about double quotes rather than the euro quotes.)

I have two quick snippets for this to roughly mimic emacs latex mode
double-quoting:

First, to open the `` quote:

\'\'$0
key equiv: "
scope: text.tex.latex - string.quoted.double.latex text.tex.latex -
source.r

Then, to close the quote with '':

''
key equiv: "
scope: string.quoted.double.latex

The scope in the first snippet probably will turn Allan's hair white,
but it works well enough for me, and still allows me to use the
regular " in embedded source. (And don't forget the existing snippet
to wrap selected text in ``...'')

-Alan