[TxMt] Select Python version Textmate uses

Joancarles Casasín joanca at casasin.com
Fri Oct 6 16:34:25 UTC 2006

On 06/10/2006, at 18:23, Brad Miller wrote:

> Go to TextMate Preferences, click on the advanced icon, and then the
> Shell Variables tab.  You can add a variable called TM_PYTHON to set
> the version of Python you want to use for all projects and files.
>
> If you want to control the version of Python for each project you can
> also set TM_PYTHON for a project.  See the documentation on how to set
> project variables.

Thanks Brad,
I was right going to post the solution I found by myself:

I created a new Bundle and just changed from Python -> "Run Script
(PyMate)" the line:
TPY=${TM_PYTHON:-pythonw}
for
TPY=${TM_PYTHON:-python2.3}

And now it works.
I can run any version of Python from Textmate just changing the
Keystroke.

I'll check your info though, sure it's a more elegant way of doing it.

Many thanks,

Joancarles

  www.casasin.com