[TxMt] ctrl+esc debug

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 00:52:39 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 5. Oct 2006, at 17:21, Fred B wrote:
>
> > Here are some tests and what I get in the log(I removed "date +
> > TextMate[pid]" on every lines):
> > OS X 10.4.8, TextMate1269
> > Tried in my account and in a fresh one. Same results.
> >
> > If I press ^⎋: Nothing [...]
>
> Thanks, so at least TM is not seeing the key in the
> performKeyEquivalent: method which *should* be called by the system.
>
> Can you bind a bundle item to ⌃⎋?
>
> If not, the problem is with 99% certainty outside TextMate.

Thanks Allan,

I can't bind a bundle item to ⌃⎋.
Maybe something eats ⌃⎋ before TM, although I can't see what.
Specially in a new account without any input manager and no ⌃⎋ in the
services shortcuts.

Anyway. I made some more tests and I finally got the menu to work with
F3 and ⌘D (BTW, is ⌘D free?). The thing is I can't use ^ + whatever
for the menu, even if I can use it for a bundle item and it doesn't
appear in the log.

Key binding is a mysterious science. ;)