[TxMt] Spelling suggestion

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Oct 4 12:48:04 UTC 2006

On 4. Oct 2006, at 11:07, Helge Hartmann wrote:

> I recently noticed, that alt+F2 invokes the spelling menu. Really
> good. But spelling errors are recognized, when I type a blank
> symbol. So I have to move the cursor back and type alt+F2. Is it
> possible to invoke the spelling menu for the last misspelled word?

hmm… how about instead I add the spelling menu to actions which can
be recorded for macros, that way you can make a macro (potentially
on ⌥F2) which moves the caret one character to the left before
opening the menu?

> And perhaps there could be an own TextMate spelling menu which has
> shortcuts for the entries.

I am considering adding an action for directly changing the current
word to the first suggestion, so one wouldn’t have to go through a
menu 99% of the time.

I think this would be a better productivity gain than the more
dedicated spelling suggestion menu (for which I am not sure I really
see an advantage, as I generally just do ⌥F2, ↓, ↩)