[TxMt] Using default editor on remote connections

Michael Henry macromates at drmikehenry.com
Tue Oct 3 08:53:06 UTC 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Jerzy Gangi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I press splat + ctrl + E in nearly any application* and I can edit
> the field with TM.

> *Firefox text boxes don't seem to work - I presume it's not a Cocoa
> text field?

Yes, Firefox doesn't use Cocoa text fields, which is unfortunate
because I find the Edit in TextMate feature to be very useful.
There is an effort [1] [2] to make Firefox use Cocoa GUI widgets,
though.
If you Google on cocoa firefox you'll find more hits.

[1]: http://www.tuaw.com/2006/08/17/cocoafox-minefield/
[2]: http://www.digg.com/apple/Cocoa_Firefox_builds

Michael Henry