[TxMt] LaTeX bundle: Toggle * in headings

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Oct 2 14:11:13 UTC 2006

Hi Daniel,
On Oct 2, 2006, at 6:42 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> we have that wonderful toggle command for environments (* or not *).

yeah it doesn't work very well for nested environments at the moment,
and I haven't had time to see if I can fix it.

> Would it be possible to add this toggling behavior to headings?

> like \subsection{} to \subsection*{} ?

That should be doable, someone asked for it already. I'll try to get
it done some time in the next couple of days. Essentially what needs
to be done is this:

1. The command accepts as input the selection or document, and has
output to replace selected text.
2. The command then reads its stdin, and looks for the last
appearance of a section/subsection/chapter/part/paragraph...
3. It then makes the change and sends the text back out.

I think this could be done in about 10 lines at most, with a ruby
script. I'll see if I can hack it some time soon, unless someone
beats me to it.

> Thanx,
>
> Daniel

Haris