[TxMt] A revision of the Fetch Categories Command

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Oct 2 02:26:42 UTC 2006

On 1/10/2006, at 15:31, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> [...] Does anyone know why you sometimes get a beachball cursor
> when the menu comes up and sometimes you don't?  By that I mean
> that the beachball doesn't go away, you can actually click your
> choices with it.  I'd like to prevent that if I can.

This is because TM is actually responding to events while running the
command which in turn opens the AppleScript dialog.

That would normally mean no busy wheel at all, but that’s not good
UI, e.g. for commands which takes a long time to run. So TextMate
will activate the wheel cursor itself if the command has been running
for 3 seconds *and* did not bring up any dialogs.

So the busy wheel will appear when it takes more than 3 seconds to
reach the first dialog of the command. I can increase the delay to 5
or maybe 7 seconds.