[TxMt] Errors from InputManagers get inserted by bundle commands

John Yeates textmate at warmvomit.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 17:14:24 UTC 2006

When I attempted to use HTML > Insert Entity, I got the following
text inserted before the entity:

2006-10-01 17:58:18.374 CocoaDialog[3175] GrowlCode: App identifier
or version don't match.  Doing nothing.

Obviously, this is GrowlCode's fault, but any InputManager could drop
things on STDERR and mess commands up. I've tried adding "2> /dev/
null" at strategic points in the Insert Entity command, but it
doesn't seem to be working (I don't really talk bash, as I've used
zsh for years, so it's possible I'm going about ignoring STDERR in
the wrong way — shouldn't be a difference, though)

I've uninstalled GrowlCode for now, but does anybody know of a way of
keeping irrelevant error messages from being inserted? I nearly ended
up with a very confusing-looking eBay auction :)

Thanks

--
John Yeates