[TxMt] Blogging bundle markup not working

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Nov 30 15:20:59 UTC 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 8:37 AM, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> I'm curious about this as well.  On Allan's suggestion I got into
> using Markdown, but switched back to coding HTML because Wordpress
> wasn't converting the Markdown.  I assumed there was a plugin that
> I was too lazy to install, but was also under the impression that
> the blogging bundle performed a conversion before posting.  I never
> bothered to look into it, but if someone has an easy answer, I'm
> all ears.

No the blogging bundle does not do any conversion, and nor should it.
The whole point is that you want the posts to be stored in the
database in the format you would like to edit them later in, namely
Markdown, or Textile. If the bundle converted to HTML before sending
across, then if you later wanted to edit the post you would be stuck
with editing the HTML.

It is then a question of setting up your blog to use an appropriate
plugin (or perhaps just to switch some setting somewhere). The
particulars depend on the blogging system used, but I would bet
searching the corresponding online help files should lead to a simple
solution.

> Brett

Haris