[TxMt] New Backpack Functionality

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Sat Nov 25 17:00:24 UTC 2006

For those trying out the Backpack bundle, I've discovered several
undocumented features in the Backpack API, including some functions
that allow for list manipulation.  I've added a command to the bundle
that allows for viewing of lists in a tree format like the View\Edit
Notes command.  Select a page->list->see the list items.  No editing
of list items or checking off yet, but this has opened some great
possibilities for GTD integration.  I can now take a GTD file and
create a page, sectioning the projects into lists and allowing you to
check off your GTD items remotely and sync when you're back at your
main computer.  That's the next step, anyway.  I'm getting some great
feedback from Haris regarding how it should function, so I'm
structuring things around my own needs and the requirements of GTDAlt
integration.

I've set up a Subversion account with the help of Ale Muňoz so you
can update to the latest version by:

cd ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
svn co http://svn.sofanaranja.com/projects/brettbundles/trunk/Bundles/
Backpack.tmbundle

That will get you to the latest version, which is 8 right now.

Direct Download available at:
http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/2006/11/25/backpack-bundle-adds-list-
support/

Brett