[TxMt] Bibliography Completion Broken?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Nov 24 22:27:03 UTC 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> This will unfortunately be affecting many users, in fact every
> LaTeX user wanting to use the completion commands, that's why I
> wanted to write a longer description ;).
> Glad to hear it's working!
>
> Chances are that now your path in the shell looks a bit longer than
> it used to ;)

As per my suggestion of creating/editing ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist,
please do not do so if your path looks significantly different than
mine. To minimize the dangers of this change, ideally the path you
set in environment.plist should consist of "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/
sbin:" followed by the path to the tex executables. Don't leave any
things like /sw/bin or /opt/local/bin in there. Hopefully in the
future you would not need to create/edit this file by setting its
PATH at all.

The problem is that this file is read by ALL GUI apps, including
things like installers, which might not expect that PATH to be set
there, and some technical issues might result from that. As long as
the path you put there is a typical path, with the four directories
described above plus the one for TeX, you should be OK. In any case
the other parts of your path will still be there when you run things
from the command line.

Also, make sure there are no tabs at the beginning of the path, and
no returns at the end. The line should really just have <string>
followed immediately by the /bin... stuff, and then that stuff should
be followed immediately by </string>.

> Haris

Haris