[TxMt] Bundle for Stata

xolela at mac.com xolela at mac.com
Wed Nov 22 18:02:24 UTC 2006

Since the stata bundle,  to run selections of text , uses  a temp do
file (that it places in the project directory by the current
formulation, if the working directory in stata is not the TM  project
directory, it cannot find the file and does  not run (unless I
manually do a "cd TO THE  TM_PROJECT FILE" manually within stata).
This must be simple to crudely automate -  I wanted to further
modify  Tim's  trigger  applescript that is running this temp.do
file  by  prefixing it with the $TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY  (but I am not
sure how environment variables &  files are concatenated in the
applescript world?) as in

query=${TM_SELECTED_TEXT:-$TM_CURRENT_LINE}
echo "$query" > textmatetostata.do

osascript -e "tell application \"Stata\"
activate
open POSIX file   {$TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY} & \"textmatetostata.do\"
end tell"

Otherwise, I would appreciate any other  elegant solution. (I should
note that within stata the working directory is set  by the menu
dialogue  item  triggered by  shift-apple-j in case one would take
that route).

thanks in advance

danstan