[TxMt] Re: How about AppleScript HTMLizer ? was (Re: output pretty printing HTML in "Show as HTML" [SOLVED])

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox at mac.com
Mon Nov 20 15:37:02 UTC 2006

> At 10:43 PM -0500 11/19/06, Jacob Rus wrote:
>> Yvon Thoraval wrote:
>>> do you know of a lexer for AppleScript and pygments and/or any
>>> other (x)htmlizer (ruby prefered ?)
>>
>> You can't really handle AppleScript without a full AppleScript
>> compiler.
>> I think there are some tools that can get that info from Script
>> Editor, for putting correctly highlighted scripts on the web.  Not
>> sure where to find them though.  Maybe try some of the scripting
>> sites?

Compile your script in Script Editor, and take the (now colorized)
results and paste it into TextEdit.

Then in TextEdit do File->Save and select HTML as your option. Bingo
Bango.

I think Script Debugger lets you do this in all one step, but I don't
know for certain (where as I WAS able to test the above method)

HTH,
_Ryan Wilcox