[TxMt] xelatex functionality suddenly not working

Kieran Healy kjhealy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 23:51:46 UTC 2006

Hi -

Textmate's (or the Latex bundle's) ability to tell when to use
xelatex instead of pdflatex has stopped working for me. Documents
that compiled quite happily yesterday won't do so today. I checked in
the Latex bundle's "Typeset and View" command to see whether anything
had changed, but the relevant lines are still there:

> # Set up TeX compiler, fallback to xelatex if document indicates it,
> if grep -Esq '\\usepackage{.*(xunicode|fontspec)|program=xelatex' "$M"
> 	then DEF_TEX=xelatex

My xelatex documents all have \usepackage{xunicode} and \usepackage
{fontspec} in them, so this should work just fine, and has been
working fine. But it doesn't now. Instead Textmate tries to run
pdflatex on the document, resulting in a failure.

The only thing that's changed is that this morning I updated the
Latex bundle and the Support folder from the  subversion repository.
Has something changed in there that would cause this problem?

Best,

Kieran