[TxMt] GTD request

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Nov 18 22:30:20 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 2:23 PM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Hi Haris,
>
> let's compromise :)
> It's again my request that arbitrary text lines (for notes)
> can be included in gtd files (and simply ignored
> by the parser). Are you really against it? This would
> give much greater flexibility to the format, with
> only some minor risk, but that's my opinion.

I really don't see why you can't simply add any lines you want,
prepended by a "# ". That's what the comments are for. Anyway, I
removed the check now, so you can freely add anything you want
anywhere, and it will simply be ignored.

> But if you are really against, what about the following format:
> 1) gtd files can be divided into two sections, separated
> by some delimiter (e.g., a line like
> #### PROJECTS AND ACTIONS ####
> or something similar)
> 2) above the delimiter line I can write anything, it's ignored
> by the parser
> 3) below the line I write projects and actions and here the
> syntax is strict: only projects and actions are allowed.
>
> With this kind of format, the flexibility would be enhanced
> as I need. At the same time, any mistake in writing
> tasks or projects would be spotted by the parser.
> What do you think? (Please?)

This is actually more work for me, since it would require more
significant changes to the parser.

> Ciao,
> Piero

Haris