[TxMt] I know this has been done to death but...

Jay Soffian jay-txmt at soffian.org
Thu Nov 16 17:05:11 UTC 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 11:57 AM, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> Afaik it's doing exactly that because cmd+t wouldn't work anymore
> if it doesn't.

I'm sure Allan has something in mind for 2.0 but in 1.5.x a
preference for "Do not rescan project automatically" combined with a
menu-option or context-menu option in the drawer for force the rescan
would do nicely. It could also wait till you cmd-t before it does the
rescan. And/or make the rescan async. And/or try to tie into whatever
framework fs_usage makes use of (that probably only works for root
and in tiger though). :-)

Anyway, the frequently given workarounds are:

1) Only drag what you need into the project.
2) Use a virtual desktop such that TextMate doesn't lose focus such
as http://virtuedesktops.info/

j.