[TxMt] Newbie HTML question

Scott Jenson scottj at google.com
Wed Nov 15 20:41:24 UTC 2006

However, can't I do something clever with the thousands of commands hidden
in this cool app?

For example: 1) Select enclosing tags  2) remove tags 3) wrap selection in
open/close tag?

I believe that 2 and 3 already exist. Is there any way to do #1, select
enclosing tags?  That seems useful for all sorts of uses beyond just this
particular case.

Scott

On 11/15/06, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

> On 15. Nov 2006, at 15:29, Scott Jenson wrote:
>
> > I was blown away by the HTML demo on the Textmate site, the ability
> > to insert matching tags and intelligently tab through them seems
> > like a great way to create HTML. The fact that I can surround a
> > selection and edit BOTH start/end tags at the same time had my jaw
> > dropping.
> >
> > However, this 'magic' behavior seems to vanish once I leave the
> > vicinity of the tag. If I return (or edit an existing file, when I
> > select a start tag, it doesn't auto edit the closing tag.
>
> And there is no way to get it back, sorry.

mobile: +1 612 702 9960