[TxMt] Altered per-word movement (control-left/control-right versus option-left/option-right)

Tom Armitage tom.armitage at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 15:44:36 UTC 2006

Apologies if I'm being stupid, but since a recent auto-update, the
behaviour of holding option and ctrl with the cursor keys has altered;
I think this is related to an item I noticed in a changelog.

As it stands, Textmate is now using ctrl-left and ctrl-right for
per-word selection, as opposed to option-left/option-right (unlike
every other OSX app I have). Similarly, double-clicking is now
selecting a sentence, not a word. This is more than a mite annoying
for most work I do, with both text and code.

Is the behaviour I describe the default now, or has something odd
happened on my install? If the former, how do I change it... and if
the latter, how do I revert it?

Apologies if this topic has been covered - I couldn't find it anywhere
on the list.

t.