[TxMt] Bundle Editor: Update a Bundle Bug?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Nov 14 09:26:21 UTC 2006

On 14. Nov 2006, at 09:40, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> I just installed a new version of a bundle. TM asked me whether it
> should be updated. I chose YES.
> Well, the files within the bundle were updated but NOT the changed
> code for commands!?

When you double-click install a bundle, it goes to ~/Library/
Application Support/TextMate/Pristine Copy/Bundles. If you edit it, a
delta file is kept in ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles.

If you later update it by double-clicking, it will update only the
stuff in Pristine Copy, not remove your changes, i.e. the delta file.

This is so that you can install a third party bundle, change key
equivalents or maybe scope selectors, yet still update it later -- it
will be more transparent when the bundle editor has a way to indicate
where which piece is from, and how to reset to “defaults” (pristine
copy in this case).