[TxMt] Another Editor War Sparked by TextMate

Charley Tiggs lists at tiggs.net
Sun Nov 12 06:06:28 UTC 2006

James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> TextMate ain't far off but I still switch to BBEdit for complicated
>> searches and for things like sorting lines,
>
> Bundles -> Text -> Sorting

Hurm...  This is better than BBEdit!

>> processing duplicate lines,
>
> 1. Select the lines
> 2. Call up Filter Through Command...
> 3. Set input to Selection and output to Replace Selection
> 4. Enter a command of: uniq
> 5. Push Execute

Might have to make a macro or applescript out of this...

>> and processing lines containing certain patterns.
>
> Regular expressions are your friend.  ;)

Yes, they are but, in this case, BBEdit is better.  I can send the
matches to a new document and delete 'em from the original document at
the same time.  This is useful for when I'm needing to quickly weed out
multiple sets of data and put each set into separate files for easier
processing by other apps/scripts.

Charley