[TxMt] Re: Searching in TextMate?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Nov 12 05:47:07 UTC 2006

On 11. Nov 2006, at 00:28, Jim Plush wrote:

> all those solutions sound like a pain in the ass during my
> workflow. easier just to grep at that point.

Not sure you understood the suggestion. Select the folder you want to
search in the project drawer, drag that to the TextMate application
icon, and now use ⇧⌘F and enter search string + ↩.

If you do not like having to drag, you can make a command like this:

     eval open -a TextMate "$TM_SELECTED_FILES"

That should open the selection (in the project drawer) as a new project.

> Surprised this isn't in text mate already. Seems like a no brainer.
> Anyone know if it will be added in the future?

2.0 will see improved folder search, yes.