[TxMt] Another Editor War Sparked by TextMate

Charley Tiggs lists at tiggs.net
Sat Nov 11 22:24:06 UTC 2006

thomas Aylott wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2006, at 11:52 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
>> This is all just my opinion though.  Other's obviously feel differently.
>
> I, too, was a BBEdit power user for a long stinkin time.
> I was even starting to try and learn their bizarre language definition
> stuff to make my own language syntaxes when I switched over to TextMate.

Uh, is this the BBEdit addict recovery place?  I too was a BBEdit power
user. Now, the only thing I use BBEdit for is find/replace
functionality.  In my mind, that's just about the only thing that
TextMate loses out on when compared to BBEdit.  The multi-file
find/replace functionality, the ability to exclude certain files with
certain extensions, the ability to save search patterns, many of the
Text menu commands that I've yet to find a replacement for in
TextMate...  TextMate ain't far off but I still switch to BBEdit for
complicated searches and for things like sorting lines, processing
duplicate lines, and processing lines containing certain patterns.
Maybe TextMate already has 'em and I'm just haven't located it?

Charley