[TxMt] TextMate bookmark and MacBookPro keyboard weirdness

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Nov 10 14:18:24 UTC 2006

On 10 nov. 06, at 12:42, Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if this is already a faq, but as I have struggled with
> this issue for quite a long time, I care to share my "discovery":
>
> when I want to set a bookmark with the Command-F2 shortcut, I need to
> press the Command key first, the 'fn' key second (otherwise the F2 key
> increase the brightness of the screen instead of passing the value to
> the application), and F2 last.
>
> If I press the 'fn' key first and the 'Command' key second, the
> bookmark is not set.

I would recommend switching the behavior of the fn key (in the
Keyboard preference pane "Use the F1-F12 key to control software
features"). I often use F1-F12 with modifiers, and not having to
think about the order in which I have to hit keys is nice. The price
is that it's less convenient to use the associated features, but I
don't find it too bad.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
  .O.
  ..O
  OOO