[TxMt] Re: a request on GTDalt bundle: flexible input

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 09:31:24 UTC 2006

Mark Eli Kalderon <eli at ...> writes:

> On 8 Nov 2006, at 23:44, Piero D'Ancona wrote:
> >  Wouldn't it be nicer if anything which is
> > not contained in a project...end pair would simply be
> > ignored, so that the file could be used in a more
> > flexible way?

> Use a URL in a note. Create a note with control-{. Create a link with
> control-N, give a brief description, replace the 'http://' with
> 'file://' followed by the file path of a text file containing your
> notes. When in the note, control-L will open the links in the note.
> Your text file with your notes will open. Best, Mark

Thank you, but this is not a solution for me. Of course I can keep
projects and notes in different files, my request was exactly
about the possibility to have them in the same text file.
My project files are at the same time logs of the work already
done in a certain area, a collection of background information,
and the place where I think about new actions.
You propose to create a net of inter-related files which I feel
would be more difficult to maintain for me (and would make
more difficult to use a different text editor if I need to).

Piero