An update (Re: [TxMt] Subversion bundle messes up Eclipse/Subclipse/Subversive)

J. B. Rainsberger jbrains762 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 04:52:17 UTC 2006

J. B. Rainsberger wrote:
> Hello, folks. I Googled for about 20 minutes and seemed to find nothing.
> Here is my problem.
>
> 1. I check out a project in Eclipse using Subclipse.
> 2. I work on the project in Textmate.
> 3. In Textmate, I add a file to version control, queueing it to be
> committed.
>
> At this point when I flip back to Eclipse, the Subclipse plugin thinks
> the entire directory containing the new file is not under version
> control. If I try to update or check in with Subclipse, that directory
> is messed up. It's as though Subclipse doesn't think the directory is a
> working copy, even though the .svn directory is still there and the
> entries file is still there. I haven't done a before-and-after diff yet,
> so I don't know what happened. I'm too tired to do that now. :)

I diffed the .svn/entries file, and one is some text format and the
other is XML. Is this a difference in the Subversion client versions?
Does the TextMate Subversion bundle use a different client version than
the Subclipse/Subversive client? How would I tell?

Thanks.
Your guide to software craftsmanship