[TxMt] Making TextMate recognize a new kind of urls

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Nov 9 03:31:28 UTC 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 10:15 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 9. Nov 2006, at 00:00, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> [...] How would one proceed to add a command that opens such a
>> message (in Mail) when called on a url. The way I proceed now is
>> select and copy the url (which looks like message://
>> 454F0376.2010005 at ens-lyon.fr) [...]
>
> Ask Harris to markup these URLs in the GTDAlt grammar (as
> markup.underline.link) then you will be able to hit enter (⌅) on
> the URL to open it.
>
> Of course if Harris do not think these URLs should be underlined in
> GTDAlt, you can add the rule locally.

Actually, they are already there, pressing ctrl-L with the caret on
the note line will make TM run the "open" command on any text
contained in <...>. So if the note contains: <message://
454F0376.2010005 at ens-lyon.fr>, then this should work just fine. Also,
pressing ENTER in it should work just fine. Though ctrl-L will work
from anywhere in the line, and it will open all links showing up in
that line.

In other words, the only expectation from the bundle is that you will
enclose such links in <...>, instead of having them lying around free.
This might be a good moment to remind you, that you can create such a
link to a local file by simply dragging it into the right location in
the gtd file.

Haris