[TxMt] Making TextMate recognize a new kind of urls

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Nov 8 23:00:37 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm a complete newbie concerning TextMate customization, but there is
something I'd like to do that I would find very useful which I don't
know how to tackle.

The latest beta of MailTags allows one to create urls pointing to
Mail messages in a very robust way: the url works across several macs
synchronized to the same imap account and when the message is moved
or tagged. I'm now using these urls to refer to emails in my GTDAlt
file.

How would one proceed to add a command that opens such a message (in
Mail) when called on a url. The way I proceed now is select and copy
the url (which looks like message://454F0376.2010005@ens-lyon.fr),
and type "open " and paste the url in a terminal, which opens it. I
found one improvement, which is adding "open " before the url in
TextMate, selecting it, and calling ^R. What I would like is a way,
when the cursor is inside the url, to call a command that opens it,
but I don't know how to do it.

Thank you for any suggestion,

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
  .O.
  ..O
  OOO