[TxMt] smate

Jay Soffian jay-txmt at soffian.org
Wed Nov 8 06:07:30 UTC 2006

Someone had asked the other day about editing files as root. I notice
that TextMate prompts for an admin username/password when asked to
save a file to which it does not have access, but that doesn't do
much good if the file can't be read in the first place. (BTW,
shouldn't TextMate/mate warn if you pass it the name of an
inaccessible file?)

Anyway, I whipped up the attached script which I call smate. FWIW, I
guess this functionality could be built into mate itself. (Allan,
wasn't the source for mate available at some point?)

HTH,

j.