searching address book (was Re: [TxMt] create email from document)

Stephen Hargrove stephen at exitwound.org
Wed Nov 8 03:59:02 UTC 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 9:24 PM, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> It's not currently set up to match a full name, just a first, last,
> or partial.  I could change the algorithm to do a full match, but
> it wasn't intuitive to the way I was thinking this would be used.
> What were your thoughts?

I started writing the code to split the name apart, but it's
difficult to know.  I can see how you were using it, because by only
using one name I was able to get a menu of potential matches.  There
really are too many possibilities to consider:

LastName, FirstName
FirstName LastName
FirstName LastName With Spaces (i.e., Van Burren)

And the list goes on.  Odds are, your implementation is best.  It's
clean and uncomplicated.
--
Steve
stephen at exitwound.org