[TxMt] TM won't open new projects

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 8 02:37:51 UTC 2006

On 7. Nov 2006, at 20:09, Jenny Harrison wrote:

>  I kept experimenting and found that if I toggled between minimize
> and zoom several times, a small window would eventually show up for
> each of the projects, old and new.  I had to do this for each one
> separately.  But all I can see for each is a window with the title
> of the project at the top.  The drawer is invisible and the
> contents of the old project are not yet to be found.

Okay, from the shell try the following line to see what size TM has
stored to use for new projects:

     defaults read com.macromates.textmate OakProjectWindowFrame

If this seems bogus, delete it by executing (while TM is not running):

     defaults delete com.macromates.textmate OakProjectWindowFrame

This won’t fix existing projects though, these have a ‘windowFrame’
setting embedded in them -- you can open the project file from
terminal (with mate) to read the XML file and locate the
‘<key>windowFrame</key>’ followed by a string near the bottom, and
simply delete these two lines.

If the problem turns out to be bogus window frames, let me know if
you ever use a dual monitor setup (and I will btw add some integrity
checks for windows sizes ;) ).