[TxMt] [LaTeX] Bus error with 'open -a "$V" "$PDF"' in Typeset and View (PDF)

Arnaud BARRÉ arnaud.barre at lavache.com
Tue Nov 7 22:44:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using the latest TextMate version (1.5.4 (v1324)) on Panther
(10.3.9) with ruby 1.8.5 installed. Texmate works pretty well with some
minor changes in some snippets.
When pdftex has finished to compile your LaTeX document, the Typeset
and View (PDF) use the following command
	'open -a "$V" "$PDF"'
However, if your viewer is Adobe\ Reader\ 7.0.8, this command doesn't
work with the open Panther comand. It is necessary to use the following
command
	'open -a "$V.app" "$PDF"'
The problem is I have no error message in the Typeset and View window
because the find_app command find Adobe\ Reader\ 7.0.8, and the open
command error message is not displayed (open return "Bus error" message
when I use 'open -a "$V" "$PDF"' in Terminal.app)
Maybe the test ('if find_app >/dev/null "$V.app"; then ... fi') would
be different or  you can use the find_app output result in $V$.

Regards,

Arnaud