[TxMt] create email from document

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Nov 7 01:46:12 UTC 2006

On 6. Nov 2006, at 21:34, Oliver Taylor wrote:

> [...] What I've come up with so far involves transforming the
> document into a link and runing it with the "open" command [...]
>
> Obviously, transforming the document into a single link would require:
>
> 1. A syntax
> 2. URL escaping
> 2. Some clever search/replace
>
> But before I invest time into this I wanted to ask you guys what
> you thought.

I think it sounds like a great idea -- and it has the property that
it works with the users default mailer, not just Mail (as AppleScript
would).

I did a simple proof-of-concept, it expects headers at the top in the
normal mail-style, i.e. keyword + colon + field value.

I gave it ⇧⌘D as key equivalent and scoped it to text.mail.

I think this should be added to the standard mail bundle.