[TxMt] Duplicating "kill-sentence" in TM

Dan Lowe dan at tangledhelix.com
Mon Nov 6 17:28:05 UTC 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 8:29 AM, Max Noel wrote:

> Indeed. Actually, I don't think you actually do that in any language
> except Emacs (and perhaps LaTeX).

Here in the US, at least when I was in high school in the late 80s,
we were always taught to type two spaces after a sentence-terminating
period (both on typewriters and computers). In the years since, I
have surmised through reading and talking to people that this is a US-
specific trait.

And Emacs and LaTeX are both products of US programmers, right?
Richard Stallman and Leslie Lamport (and LaTeX based on Donald
Knuth's TeX, another American). Could just be that's how they were
taught...

  -dan

--
The [public relations] version of the Titanic story would be headlined:
     705 DELIGHTED PASSENGERS ARRIVE AFTER THE TITANIC'S MAIDEN VOYAGE