[TxMt] questions about themes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Nov 5 11:11:40 UTC 2006

On 5. Nov 2006, at 10:38, Alain Matthes wrote:

> 2) Generally, is it possible that a theme can be excellent for
> several languages?

Hopefully.

> In the TextMate manual :
>
> "Changing theme is global i.e. it is currently not possible to
> select a specific theme per file or file type."
>
> But is it possible to have a theme for a specific scope or bundle ?

You can add styles for specific elements, e.g. you can have strings
in PHP colored differently than general strings (across languages).

> is it possible that this option will be a future feature ?

Probably…

> [...]
> I would like to make some changes but it is relatively difficult.
> For example, I often use pgf/tikz and I suppose that many uses
> pstricks. I would like to be able to emphasize
>  \begin {tikzpicture}… \ end {tikzpicture}
>  and reserved words of tikz in a certain color. I think it's the
> same for pstricks.
>
> Perhaps, one among you is able to describe the procedure because I
> suppose that it will be the same one for all the packages.
>
> How to make? Do you have  recommendations so I can do that myself?

If you watch the customization screencast [1] then I show how to
change the color of a name in a comment (or similar). That might give
you the feel for how the system works.

[1] http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2006/04/12/customization-
screencast/