[TxMt] Best Change Log Ever?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Nov 3 23:05:09 UTC 2006

On 3. Nov 2006, at 18:15, Jim Plush wrote:

> [REMOVED] TextMate no longer pays tribute to human sacrifices,
> rape, nor does it show a picture of the God of the deaths in your
> dock -- ticket 945BEB5D
>
> lol, please tell me people didn't complain about the easter egg?

The rape and human sacrifice was posted on my blog [1], the God of
the dead (yeah, I misspelled it in the release notes) was a personal
comment.

I think I got a dozen or so complaints, which though is nothing
compared to how much positive feedback I got -- so I took it as an
interesting sociological experience :)

And, while this wasn’t meant to be a PR stunt, sales and web traffic
doubled in the two days we had the theme, which makes it quite ironic
to then read feedback such as I am losing my professional reputation
etc. ;)

[1] http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2006/10/31/happy-halloween/
#comment-1739