[TxMt] Latex grammar problem

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed May 31 05:23:41 UTC 2006

Le 31 mai 06 à 06:23, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> Hello Alain,
> On May 30, 2006, at 5:33 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>
>> Hello:)
>> After \catcode`\{=1  nothing any more is recognized; syntax
>> coloring is lost
>>
>> and with (l'article) or {l'article} syntax highlighting is lost;
>> the first symbol ( or { is not found any more
>
> Update to r3473, I just committed a fix. The problem here was that
> the backtick (`) has a very special meaning when preceded by
> \catcode, namely it does not signal the start of a "string". So
> TextMate assumes that you have started a string, and looks for the
> closing ('). So everything on its way is considered as part of the
> string.
> Since most people never use \catcode, it had not shown up as a
> problem so far. I changed TeX.plist so that it captures as a
> separate entity a phrase of the form:" \catcode followed by
> backtick followed by backslash followed by a character, then equal
> sign and then a number". So this should take care of most cases.
> Let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks for the quick answer

Do you have an idea for the second problem when i use a ' between
{....} ?
  it's not very important because cmd shift B works very well !!

I don't know why  I use only the option of the caret's position
  to highlight parentheses pairs.

I develop a latex package and a latex class and I often use the
apostrophe
  in parameters to define new commands.

It's a real pleasure to work with textmate and guys like Allan and you

Greetings

Alain Matthes