[TxMt] MultiMarkdown Footnotes Issue

Robert M. Ullrey robert_ullrey at mac.com
Fri May 26 15:47:29 UTC 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Stefan Brantschen wrote:

>>> "Use of uninitialized value in substitution iterator at /Users/
>>> sbr/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/
>>> Markdown.tmbundle/Support/bin/MultiMarkdown.pl line 1582, <> line
>>> 1."
>>
>> This happens if the footnote is referenced but the declaration
>> cannot be found. Footnotes with only one word[^test] or only a link
>> [^test2] don't work.

I have had no problems with using single word references, e.g.,
[^note] and then etc. However, there are two things to remember with
multimarkdown footnotes.

First the footnote text [^note]: text should be in the same section
that the note is , i.e., not in another chapter. Second, each
[^note]: text needs to have an empty line to define it. So:

[^note]: text goes here

[^anotherone]: Another footnote.

The footnote command does not recognize 3 or more spaces after a line
as a hard break.