[TxMt] Regexp assistance

Geir-Tore Lindsve lindsve at gmail.com
Fri May 26 09:19:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

This is more a regexp question rather than TextMate so it is a bit OT,
but I'll try anyway since I know that there are som clever regexp heads
on this list...

I'm trying to figure out a way to parse a string with an expression, so
that I can filter out subexpressions to build up a structure of
expression objects.

An example expression:
	((print == MIB) >> (color == Black));

Our expression structure is built up so that everything is an
expression with a recursive structure (Expression = expression operator
expression):
	((print == MIB) >> (color == Black));
	(print == MIB)
	(color == Black)
	print
	MIB
	color
	Black

Additionally, from this list, each variable is also an expression
(print, MIB, ...)

I guess that some regexp magic would be some great tool here, but I
can't seem to figure out the correct approach, and thus need some
starter help.

Any idea of how to approach this? Programming language shouldn't
matter, since it anyway would be some recursive structure to dig down
the structure, but for reference I can say that I'm using C#.