[TxMt] New Build + SVN Menu

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu May 25 21:27:33 UTC 2006

On 25/5/2006, at 15:25, Chris Thomas wrote:

> I can reproduce this problem (on an Intel iMac). The coordinates
> passed look correct, though.

Thanks -- I am using the NSPopUpButtonCell w/o an enclosing view, and
that is likely what  causes this truncation of coordinates (though
strangely only on some systems, maybe intel systems is the difference).

Unfortunately there isn’t really any way to bring up context menus in
Cocoa -- well, there is this NSPopUpButtonCell which seems to not be
a good choice, and then NSMenu’s popUpContextMenu:… but that one is
rather limited (e.g. can’t set the font, won’t “return” the item
selected) and it includes items the user has installed as “Contextual
Menu Plug-ins”.

So I guess we’re left with the Carbon Menu Manager… oh well, I wanted
to show tab triggers with a “badge” anyway, which is only doable by
messing with HiView objects.