[TxMt] "Pristine Copy" and svn bundle checkout

John Tsombakos tsom467 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 21:05:25 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Dan Weeks <textmate at danimal.org> wrote:

> This is a good question.  I'm trying to figure out how to do this at
> work where my home account is network mounted and I don't have admin
> access to any of the Macs.  For that matter I don't currently have a
> Mac on my desk (I know, I know, life sucks but one makes due) so when
> I am using one it might be any one of a number of machines.
>
> I'm currently trying to see if I can make a
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate-SVN that I'll keep up to date
> and just soft-link the parts I need back into my
> ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate, specifically the Pristine Copy
> directory.  Does that work for anything other than Bundles right now?
>
> Dan

Yeah.

I had created my own bundle that had some of my own commands (a
modified HTML Tidy command that included the option to clean up MS
Word files). I previously had the checked out folders under
~/Library/Application Support.... but I moved it to /Library, per
Allan's direction. I moved my "JT" bundle to the desktop, then double
clicked it to install it. That put it into the (newly created)
"Pristine Copy" folder. Now, if I did a checkout there, I'm right back
to what I had before, basically.

John